Saturday, September 9, 2023

Really discouraged right now and I dont know what to do

22 year old male, ~285 lbs. I started calorie counting with Lose It! two weeks ago and have been consistently going to the gym to do treadmill things (apple watch says I burn 1000 active calories doing that, but that sounds unbelievable. The treadmill and lose it say its closer to 500). I felt super good about myself, like this is going to be the successful attempt I make at weight loss. Then, of course, I had to see all the stupid research on the stupid problem of maintaining weight and I want to give up because of it.

Basically everything I've read says that after weight loss, ghrelin and leptin production go up, and more importantly stay up WITHOUT GOING DONE. EVER. So as far as I've been told, if I were to lose weight I'd have to be hungry basically for the rest of my life, and I do not have the willpower to do that I think. I want to, I want to finally feel good about myself, but all this is super discouraging.

I'm hoping someone here has some good news, and that it's not actually all fucked, or that despite the difficulties, it is possible to keep weight off for good. I don't know what to do. I really wanna abandon all hope right now.

submitted by /u/Numidium77
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JuQPVi

No comments:

Post a Comment