Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Skinny fat 5’3 130lb female looking for weight loss / strength training advice

So I’ve been in a weird weight loss journey for a few years now where when I was in college, I took adhd medication and was more skinny than I realized because it reduced my appetite. I got off the medication a few years ago because it wasn’t doing well for my anxiety and I went from 115 to 130 lbs. I never had body dysmorphia issues until that happened and there were even people that commented on my weight gain which is what made me notice it in the first place. I learned more about calories and started a 1200 calorie deficit which helped me lose about 5 lbs, but I couldn’t maintain eating 1200 calories and I don’t find that sustainable for me. I’m back at the same weight of 130lbs I wanted to ask what has helped those of you in a similar situation to lose those 10 lbs? My body just doesn’t seem to budge, and even though it’s a healthy weight, I notice a difference in my face even when I lose 5 lbs. For context I do HIIT 1-2 times a week, strength training 1-2 times a week, Pilates once a week, and try to get 10k steps the days I’m not working out. It seems like a lot of activity to be maintaining the same weight which is discouraging.

I also read a lot about doing a body recomp which I’ve tried to do the past few months and maybe need to improve on. But I haven’t really noticed a difference which frustrates me. I know I’ll never have the body I did a few years ago, but I wish I could find a routine that would get me to my goals sustainably.

submitted by /u/SwordfishAccording75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rZiHu8w

No comments:

Post a Comment