Friday, August 7, 2020

Your regular unregulated weight loss = hair loss post.

I've seen this being discussed here frequently and I just wanted to share my very recent naive experience with people here just in case they're worried about it like I have been. I was very unhealthy (22M, 220lbs, 182cm) back in Jan, 2020. Never faced any major hair issues/other conditions but finally decided THIS IS ENOUGH. Being in tech, I have a typical sedentary lifestyle so I decided to cut my cals to around 1200/day (too low? I know...but NOW). Also followed IF with an 18-6 routine for around 3 months. Being predominantly; an eggetarian (with some rare bites of chicken sometimes), I knew it'll be a tough ask to maintain my nutrition goal, but I went ahead with it anyway. Ended up losing around 35lbs in three months, but realised pretty late that I have almost halved the usually recommended 1mg/2lbs of protein intake. Come around late May-early June, quarantined at home with very less sunlight (i.e Vitamin D3) exposure coupled with bad dietary habits, I started experiencing VERY sudden hair shedding from all over the scalp. The frequency was a lot, mostly at night and in shower. Had to consult my GP, who recommended me to a Derm and voila, I was advised to up my iron/protein intake with lots of vitamin D (I was deficient, no surprises) and I quote "Stop acting like a fool" with a mean stare.

I hope this post serves as a statutory warning for anyone trying to get into an unhealthy, sudden weight loss habit :)

Update: The shedding has slowed down in July now, but the roots still seem pretty weak with the occasional shedding. I have just started fixing my diet, so I'm hopeful that things will be better soon

submitted by /u/RizTalks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kxF6qC

No comments:

Post a Comment