Monday, October 19, 2020

Anyone else here fueled by spite?

I'm not saying spite about my self-image or food, or skinny people. I'm more referencing completely unrelated life issues that you use to fuel your drive to better your health.

I have a really toxic family that was eating up so much of my energy and mental space. They are honestly terrible people that I have felt nothing but disdain for for years. Alongside COVID I just couldn't cope with them anymore and now it's been four and a half months since I last spoke to them and I feel freer than ever and motivated to use the energy they once took rent-free to instead better myself with exercise and a new dedication to healthy choices that will bring me joy as I reclaim fitness. I'm morphing all that negative energy into positive change.

On top of it all I also lost my mother-in-law two months ago after a battle with pancreatic cancer. She was in my life for 13 years- throughout high school, college, marriage, and everything in-between- and honestly was my true mother. Her strength and positive attitude even at the end is another inspiration to take every moment of wellness I am able to out of this life while I am capable of it. My husband, her son, also has joined in with my daily workouts to better himself in order to honor her memory and maintain his health alongside me.

So yes, spite fuels me, but I feel like harnessing it is the spark I needed to take weight loss seriously in a sustainable and life-changing way. I have failed so many times in the past but apparently giving the middle finger to the haters and the universe is the drive I needed.

9 lbs down after one month as of today and ready to keep pushing forward!

submitted by /u/goktrose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H9y3Wi

No comments:

Post a Comment