Monday, October 19, 2020

Trying to lose weight while battling severe depression

I'm seeking advice from people who have dealt with depression-induced binge eating.

I tend to eat a pretty good amount for weight loss during the day (for a college student), but for the past four or five years, I've really struggled with my weight. I have pretty severe depression (only slightly related to my recent weight gain) that always end in me binge eating chips and chocolate. It's honestly the only thing that can temporarily sate me when I'm feeling down. I don't really have access to a support system so food has become my crutch, but then an hour later, it just makes me feel worse about myself. I know this, but I still choose to binge.

How do I stop the binging? I don't really have any other coping mechanisms and food is probably the only constant I have in life (sad as it sounds). I know that losing the weight and hitting my GW will make me at least less depressed about my appearance, but I just can't stop.

submitted by /u/deltorarox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dHdtIn

No comments:

Post a Comment