Monday, October 19, 2020

Weight loss after 69 days of CICO

So I've gotten into CICO after a health check up revealed I was closer to obese (at least in terms of BMI).

Mid- August I weighed about 84kg (185lbs) at 171cm (5,7) and did the whole calorie counting thing. I'm on about 20lbs lost and a few things jump to mind that I wanted to share.

  1. Counting calories has been kind of fun. I've seen lots of people talk about how inconvenient it can be, but my attitude was that learning something new was a positive. Now I can accurately guess calories and weights in food after doing so much weighing in the kitchen. But I'm still using for scales and being diligent.

  2. Going all out with data was easier than being too casual. I log in a calorie counting app, add my weight AND have a Google Sheets page where I log and chart all kinds of other metrics. I do this as part of a routine at work and it's now just that thing I do.

  3. Getting in the scale often, and at quite specific times taught me a lot about my body. My logged weight is always taken when I wake up- around 530 -6am. And that's my lowest weight which is a nice thing to see each morning. Then i weigh again in the evening, before bed. I'm ALWAYS about 500g heavier then. And the pattern of plateaus and sudden drops in weight are quite stay and predictable too. Knowing how my body works makes staying motivated easier.

Thanks to all the wonderful people who post here, it's great to read about people's journeys as we all strive to look after ourselves!

submitted by /u/Pirhanaglowsticks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34i28vD

No comments:

Post a Comment