Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Exercising For Very Overweight People?

TLDR: I’m obese. Is walking everyday along with counting calories enough to start my weight loss journey?

Hi all!

I’m a trans male (meaning I was assigned female at birth) and I really want to get top surgery. I’m currently 28 years old at 290 pounds (5’5) and my doctor wants me to get down to 200 pounds for the surgery. (Although I’d like to eventually get to about 140 pounds) I’m a video editor, so most of my day is spent at a desk.

My question is, what kind of exercise program can I do that’s for newbie/very obese type people? Are there any good apps out there? I know diet is crucial and I’ve started counting calories but feel as though I should have some sort of physical activity. Running/jogging seem to be too hard on me at my current weight.

Is walking enough right now? I thought about getting a gym membership at the YMCA so I could swim?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I didn’t put on this weight until I went to college 9 years ago and it has deeply hurt me. There’s so much I’d like to do in life and my weight is holding me back. I just want to finally feel like myself.

Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/rollerseal92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dJ4jeC

No comments:

Post a Comment