Thursday, October 22, 2020

How do you deal with family/partners while losing weight?

Hello fellow "losers",

I'm fairly new here and just atcthe beginning of my weight loss journey and have the following question: Did you tell your family about your plan to loose weight? Or did you just do it without announcement?

I'm losing weight for health reasons (and of course also for esthetic reasons) and I just want to do it without much discussion. My family is very health concious and everyone except me is very slender. I've lost weight before and my parents and grandparents felt like this was the most magnificent thing.

I mean losing weight is great, but I don't want my "fight with my weight" be my greatest accomplishment in their eyes and I don't want my diet to be the new dinner table conversation. I've had that before and it never proved helpful, it only made me resent my family.

Thankfully I live with my partner and I'm in charge of cooking, so the lifestyle change goes well so far. I'm just very afraid that as soon as the weight loss become visible I'll let my family's opinion of what I should eat or don't get to me.

How do you deal with this? Being the only not-thin person in your family and getting more or less helpful advice from them?

submitted by /u/cactus1989
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hu3t9j

No comments:

Post a Comment