Monday, October 19, 2020

There will be ups and downs, but you can always improve.

This post is mostly about motivation, and perseverance even though you’ve had set backs.

In high school I was probably around 350? Once I graduated I set out to figure out how to lose weight. I stumbled on a little website that explained that it was all calories in vs calories out. They suggested I use one of those online macro calculators, and start lifting right away. I bought a cheap weight set and scoured bodybuilding websites for form videos. After a couple years I got down to 235lbs and was in the best shape I had ever been in at the time. I ended up getting some female attention for the first time ever and partying. I did have some fun catching up on lost time from when I was crazy overweight.

Eventually I ended up married and had stopped lifting/ tracking my macros. As things started to fall apart in that marriage I had just started lifting again. See the bottom right picture. Ended up getting a divorce. I kept on lifting though, but never got my diet fully back on track. In 2017, I had started to get dangerously high blood pressure, and worked my way back up over 360lbs. That’s when this next leg of the journey started.

I got back to tracking my macros and calories, and ended up getting my mind right. I’m now engaged to a healthy, amazing person. We have great communication, and know how to work through things in a positive manner... that’s not the point of this post though. It’s taken me 3 years to get back down to 267. Even in that 3 years I’ve had a few stalls and breaks, but I’ve learned to not go fully off the rails even with a break. I’m headed for 242 to compete at my first powerlifting meet in 2021.

For me the only way to make sure I’m on track is by tracking and making sure I’m being held accountable. If it’s not in my sight it’s out of mind and I start making bad decisions. Even when I mess up I still track so I’m forced to see the numbers. It works for me, and it might work for you if you have that personality type. Once it all became a math equation, I was could conquer weight loss.

https://imgur.com/gallery/zyeJo1p

submitted by /u/Nottheonlyjustin84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H51c4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment