Monday, November 9, 2020

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I probably need to lose at least ten to twenty more pounds than I thought I did.

SW 180 lbs, CW 150 lbs, 5"4'

I had picked 150 as my goal weight because I remember that's what I weighed for a long time. It took me six months to lose just 30 lbs. But I was patient, because I knew it was important to do this the right way, in a way that is sustainable.

But now I'm here at my first goal and I see what 30 lbs of weight loss looks like, and it's very disappointing. I feel like I look exactly the same as I did at 180. People do notice and comment on my weight loss, but to me all I can see is my big old belly and my love handles. Even in my progress pics I can barely tell the difference.

It feels like I will never look skinny. It feels like my belly fat is a permanent part of my body, like an arm or a leg. I can't even imagine it not being there.

Has anyone been through something similar? How did you deal with knowing that the journey is going to be a whole lot longer than you thought it would be?

submitted by /u/Losing-It-FTM
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35k80VH

No comments:

Post a Comment