Monday, February 1, 2021

At what point do you say “I’m at a healthy weight”?

I’m in my early twenties, and I think I kind of messed up my image of “healthy weight” and “good looking body” when I was a teen. I was skinny all my young life, and once I started high school I started gaining muscle. By the end of high school I weighed 155lb, and had amazing physique with definitive muscles. I loved it. A few years go by and I slowly start to put on some weight. Last year I weighed 180 and decided to start dieting for the first time in my life. The problem is that calorie counting consumed me and I became obsessed with it and with my weight. I dropped over 30 pounds and ended up starting to weigh less at 22 than I did at 18 (I was skinny at 18). I didn’t realize how unhealthy not only my obsession with weight loss, but my own weight had become until looking back on it recently. I fell off that eventually and gained some weight back. But now I feel like I’m on the border of healthy weight and overweight. It seems I only think I’m overweight because I’m just not used to having any extra fat on me at all. But in reality I look more my age, I look stronger and larger (in a good way), and I don’t look like I’m starving myself and on the edge of life. Where do you find that balance? Where do you get that weight number where you tell yourself you’ll stick to that number?

submitted by /u/The_Paper_Cut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36Aym5P

No comments:

Post a Comment