Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Folks who menstruate- how much of a change in your cycle is normal after/during weight loss?

I (23F) lost around 60 pounds in about 6 months in mid-late 2019, and I now weigh 158lbs and am 5’3”. I an currently on another kick to lose more weight after maintaining my weight loss throughout the entire pandemic. I have noticed that I am not getting a normal period any longer. Before any weight loss, my period was medium-heavy for 5 days long. Then, it changed to a very light 3 day period during my initial weight loss and during most of my maintenance. Now, I only get a couple days of weird spotting. I went to the doctor to get my period (or lack thereof) checked out and got prescribed birth control to fix the issue (there was no further evaluation). My period is still just really light spotting.

I am still in the overweight category of BMI and I feel like I eat to satiety every day at around 1600-1800 calories. I just feel like my period has changed and gotten shockingly light since before I lost weight, and I am concerned that something might be wrong. Is this a normal side effect of weight loss? Have any of you experienced anything similar with your periods throughout your journey?

submitted by /u/urnice2jk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tldM2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment