Tuesday, February 2, 2021

When does weight loss/dieting start to help things like cholesterol?

F, 29, 5’6”, SW: 206.2 , CW: 160.4

I started 6/30/20 with CICO and some casual running. I’ve now lost just over 45lbs.

In October I went for some delayed new patient bloodwork for my new primary care doctor. I had my annual exam yesterday and we went over the results. My doctor told me that I had slightly abnormal blood work with my kidneys and that my cholesterol was pretty high. He said the kidney thing was likely dehydration and that the cholesterol could be helped with increased cardio exercise and cutting out oil, mayo, greasy fried foods, etc.

At the time of my blood work, I had lost 27 pounds from my June starting weight. I was doing some combination of running 1-3 miles and walking 1-3 miles about 4-6x/week with additional couple mile walks throughout the week with my dog. I was also drinking approximately 80-100oz of water a day. I was eating much better and had cut out pretty all mayo like condiments/oils and dressings and all fast food like McDonald’s, Burger King, etc. I’m currently still doing all of the above.

I’ve never had any abnormal blood work or elevated levels of anything else before. I realize October was only about 4 months into my weight loss journey however, I’m a little discouraged that it hasn’t helped my body for these two items. To be fair, I don’t know what my cholesterol level was before June so I absolutely could have been at way worse levels and my October reading was a vast improvement. But the fact I did a complete 180 on my diet and it’s still so high worries me. I also don’t think I was dehydrated as I feel I definitely drink enough water daily.

I go for repeat blood work within the next 90 days for my kidneys and not until next October for my cholesterol. I realize no one here is my doctor but does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be doing in the meantime to particularly lower my cholesterol levels?

submitted by /u/heyhellowhatup98
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3reqJKg

No comments:

Post a Comment