Monday, September 11, 2023

BMR or TDEE deficit?

So I am seeing a doctor for weight loss (every 3 months). I've lost 30ish pounds since July. When I went in for my checkup today, they have a super fancy scale that calculates everything about your body down to muscle mass for limbs. She's recommending that I do a 500-calorie deficit from my bmr, which would put me at 1600 calories a day to continue my weight loss journey. Instead of the 1850, I've calculated.

I do completely trust my doctor's knowledge they've helped me more than anyone else on my journey. They also said their scale is more accurate than any caculator online since it also includes muscle mass.

But everything I've researched says 500 calorie deficit from your TDEE. So I'm just curious: What is the major difference, and does it necessarily matter since it's just 150 calorie differences and my goal is to lose more weight?

Also, another question: Do I have to actually 1600 a day? Can I eat less on some days and it still be effective, or will that throw me into a weight loss plateau?

submitted by /u/AnythingSudden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BeOnFPI

No comments:

Post a Comment