Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Ever since losing weight I have to deal with a lot of unwanted male attention.

I guess I just wanted to vent here and see if anyone relates. I recently lost 60 lbs and have been maintaining my weight loss for about 6 months now. I have always been friendly to everyone at work and never had any issues. However, since losing weight, I can tell that men are treating me differently. I can tell just by the way they look at me now. Its hard to explain. The way they make eye contact and smile is different and slighltly flirty I guess. That wouldn't bother me much, but I am having issues with two different older men now creeping on me at work. I have finally dealt with one by going to HR (I told him to stop before involving HR) and now another one is sliding in. It doesn't matter if I tell these people I have a boyfriend a million times. Now I find myself not wanting to smile or talk to any men in fear of ending up dealing with another one of these dudes.

I feel like if I was always thin, I'd probably be better equipped at dealing with this since I would have had more exposure and practice at turning these men away or vetting them. Instead I'm having to suddenly learn how to deal with this now. It's so frustrating. It's hard to focus at work with all this going on.

submitted by /u/Current_Yesterday602
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TE28F5R

No comments:

Post a Comment