Monday, September 11, 2023

How do you keep yourself from eating junk?

34F, 5'4" & 225 lbs. I've had success losing weight twice in my life - once when I started college, and again when I started a new job. When my life is busy, and I'm in a good place, I tend to eat less and that made it so much easier to lose weight. I've been back and forth between 200 - 270.

Now I'm a stay at home mom and I can't seem to resist the junk food. I'll have a good day or two, and then on the third day I'm attacking anything sugary within reach. When I start, I can't seem to stop either. I'm also having a really hard time breaking my addiction to milk (I can easily drink over half a gallon in a day).

I ate an entire box of Granola bars and Nilla wafers, both meant for my toddler. I'm just so horrified at myself, but I can't seem to stop.

It doesn't help that I have graves disease and I feel like I'm starving 24/7. A lot of people lose weight with graves because hyperthyroidism boosts metabolism, but I've gained weight from the sheer amount of calories I consume. I've not been able to get myself under 2400 calories a day, and that was "behaving". If it weren't for my condition, I'm positive I'd be back up to 270.

I'm trying to do what I can to fix my eating now, because once I start antithyroid medication, it will suppress my metabolism and I'm really scared about how much bigger I will get.

Ozempic/prescription help isn't an option because of finances. I've tried hypnosis, I went to a weight loss clinic, gone to counselling, tried weight watchers, joined weight loss competitive groups, and even tried creating a support group.

I'm just at a loss on how to break my food addiction. How do you all do it?

submitted by /u/LissR89
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/v5htNoY

No comments:

Post a Comment