Monday, September 11, 2023

The Dreaded Plateau

F, SW: 285, CW: 191.

After 12 months of steady weight loss (94 pounds), I have reached an honest to goodness plateau. I wasn't sure it existed, but now I know it does. My weight has not budged for 7 weeks (actually, gone up a couple of pounds).

-My current TDEE, which has been bang-on accurate throughout my journey, is 1828. I eat just over 1,300 calories a day. I measure every single thing I eat, I log every calorie, and I am consistent about it every day. My diet is stable, so I know there aren't any hidden calories that I'm missing.

-I had an issue with hair loss and insomnia which I now believe were post-COVID side effects. Exactly 6 months post-COVID, my sleep has now gotten back to normal. But this has coincided with my plateau so I wonder if there is a connection.

-I'm taking lots of vitamins right now to encourage hair re-growth (collagen, biotin, E, D, C, B12, iron) and have paid special attention to getting enough protein (80-100 grams per day).

-My thyroid is monitored regularly because I have Graves, and it's same as ever (i.e. good). I had a low iron issue which is also being treated and monitored and my iron level is almost back to normal with supplementation.

-I generally retain about 5 pounds of water, which goes whoosh (and then returns) about once every month. I checked my ankles for signs of excessive water retention and they aren't swelled at all. My menstrual cycles are more reliable than they have ever been in my whole life.

At this point, the math, which is failing me for the first time, says I should be down at least 6 pounds.

So, what's the verdict on how to handle?

submitted by /u/FlipsyChic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WLuJltd

No comments:

Post a Comment