Saturday, September 2, 2023

My weight loss doesn't make sense

8 years ago, I got diagnosed with a thyroid issue. Treating that allowed me to finally lose the 25 kg I had gained due to it (and bad eating habits).

During the pandemic, that weight came back, unsurprisingly.

I have now been trying to lose again, using the same strategy as last time: CICO and increased activity.

Bottom line? I only lose weight if I have a deficit of 1400 kcal or more, which is ridiculous.

Now you might be thinking I'm simply underestimating what I eat, or overestimating what I burn, but if I have a daily deficit of 1400 kcal, I steadily lose about 1 kg or more a week - the math checks out!

As soon as I drop to a lower deficit (1200 to 1000), I stop losing completely, for months.

I don't get it! I'm only able to do a deficit this high because I have a very active job and average almost 10k steps even without going for a walk. I try to eat healthy and high protein, where possible. I drink a lot of water, and no alcohol. My thyroid hormones are as they should be (had a recent blood test).

What the hell? Anyone got any ideas? This is driving me insane, as a 1400 kcal daily deficit is not sustainable for me.

Edit: Female, 27, 77kg, 1.75m

submitted by /u/Dyaneta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vHmn95j

No comments:

Post a Comment