Saturday, September 2, 2023

Low calories, high protein?

I am 5'2" and since having a baby, I find I can really only eat 1500 calories to lose weight, and if anything, probably would be more successful if I ate 1200. I could probably eat 1600-1700 when I work out. Anyway, my issue is I always see the importance of protein for weight loss. I've calculated that for my body weight, I should shoot for 140g - 180g of protein. But it seems IMPOSSIBLE to get 150 grams of protein while sticking to 1500 calories. At best, I calculated I could get 125 g for the things I eat to lose weight now. And I could accept that's close enough and good, but I do wonder the following:

1) Has anyone had major weight loss without focusing on protein?

2) If high protein is necessary, any advice or meal ideas to eat low calorie, high protein (ideally enjoyable). I understand I could just eat a plain chicken breast and egg whites, but lets be real, I probably wouldn't be successful.

I've lost 40 lbs on weight watchers in 2021 not really caring about the above. Being aware of protein butnot really indexing on it. But my body is a lot different since having a baby. I find the things I did before being pregnant doesn't seem to work now. And I think there was a brief period where I REALLY tried to shoot for 140g of protein in 2021.

This is what I planned for this upcoming week and it's about 1600 calories, 134 grams of protein. To eat at 1600 calories, I definitley need to make working out a priority. I am tempted to cut one meal from below to get more 1200-1400 calories, but then I'd be about 115 g protein.

Copycat Starbucks Bacon-Gruyere Egg Bites (12g per 1): 24g protein | 280 calories
Collagen Powder in coffee: 20g protein | 70 calories
Matcha Protein Powder: 20g protein | 140 calories
Yogurt Parfait: 1 cup Greek Yogurt (13g, 80 cal); 1 tbsp Almond butter (3.4 g, 98 cal); Chia seeds (2g, 60 cal); 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (.5g, 60 calories); Granola (3g, 85 calories): 22g protein|383 calories
Chickpea Noodle Soup: 11g protein |320 calories
Protein heavy dinner (unsure): Approx. 35g protein | 400 calories

submitted by /u/Particular-Hat-4634
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ABYmeH

No comments:

Post a Comment