Saturday, May 4, 2024

60lbs down: People around me think I have an ED.

I used to be overweight but lost 60lbs. I counted calories, exercised and fell in love with eating cleaner. When I was at my highest weight, no one around me was concerned but since I lost 60lbs everyone now thinks I have an ED and are being judgmental about my body/weight loss.

People especially my family are assuming things: Ever since I started counting calories and losing weight, everyone including acquaintances thinks I have an ED. Constantly judging my portions, asking why I’m measuring my food and telling me to eat more.

At a family gathering, my aunt said I looked “starved,” which hurt. She kept going on about how “skinny” I looked and that I need some food. It's tough because I'm not obsessed with my weight, I just want to be healthier.

My relatives and acquaintances won't stop talking about my body and what I eat. When I go around them, they get quiet, which makes me think that they were talking about me. They even like to snoop on what I'm cooking while asking why I measure everything? Why is my food so bland? Why I’m starving myself? It's annoying and makes me feel judged.

I wish they knew I'm doing this for myself, not because I'm obsessed. I'm just trying to focus on getting healthier. Their assumptions about me having an ED are making me feel horrible about my appearance. I find myself getting emotional about the negative feedback from people and I’ve been binge eating a lot. I don’t want to self sabotage but I can’t seem to help it. Deep down I like my new body but I think I’m trying to get overweight again because I was accepted by everyone then.

submitted by /u/Fetus-Deletus1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ju4viBk

No comments:

Post a Comment