Tuesday, May 21, 2024

New maintenance calorie level struggle

Hey folks,

I’m 25F 5’8” and began my weight loss journey at 171 lbs. I used the TDEE calculator and chose sedentary for my activity level as I work a desk job & rarely, if ever, exercise.

I was eating 1,400 calories per day for about 2 months and was shedding 1 -1.2 lbs per week (some variance around my cycle) but overall very consistent. I have since reached 154 (down 17 lbs) and have noticed major plateau in the last 3 weeks. Scale wasn’t budging and I have no reason to believe I’ve put on any muscle.

Went to calculate my new maintenance calories in TDEE at my new weight and got 1,785. Feeling discouraged because to keep my 1 lb per week I’d have to eat 1,285 per day which just doesn’t seem sustainable / nearly enough IMO.

Wondering if anyone else has gone through this and how they dealt with it? I figure reducing my deficit to only 200-300 calories per day might be my best option along with incorporating more exercise but feel like I may become discouraged when I’m only losing a fraction of a pound per week.

Any advice? Much appreciated!

submitted by /u/bsnowe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vsEDiyz

No comments:

Post a Comment