Saturday, May 11, 2024

Hungrier as I lose weight??

Hi all. Curious to get other thoughts on this!

I’m 30F, ~5’4”, SW 230 lbs, CW 158 lbs, GW ?140-145 lbs.

I’ve been dieting and exercising for the past 7 months and have lost 72 lbs which is excellent and I’m very pleased! This whole time I’ve been eating 1200 cal/day (which I know some say is too low but I’ve been averaging 7.5 lbs lost/month after the initial brisk loss so it seemed appropriate), and exercising 6x/week (weight training 4x/week, cardio 2x/week), usually for 30-40 min at a time. I’ve felt generally full and satisfied and happy with this plan, rarely super hungry (and the hungry days tended to be around my period). No big cheat days or deviations from plan or even real temptations to do so since I started.

The past couple of weeks I decided to up my exercise a bit, now strength training 6x/week and cardio 3-4x/week, often combing strength and cardio in the same day, which has equated to more like 50-70 min exercise per day. Still one rest day per week. Aside from exercise, I’m pretty sedentary for the rest of the day.

This didn’t feel like too big of a jump in activity level, but I feel like I’m now WAY hungrier than I was! I also have been feeling more tired. I’m not sure if it’s due to the modest increase in my exercise or related to the weight loss somehow. Like now that I have less of my own fat to burn, I’m hungrier? But I feel like as my BMR decreases, I shouldn’t be needing MORE calories, right??

If I say lightly active on TDEE calculators, it says TDEE ~1700, so 1200 should be right for a 500 cal deficit. But should I listen to my body and increase to 1300 cal/day or so anyway?

Ultimately my goal is to be healthy, and I want to build muscle and get stronger, while also progressing towards a normal BMI. I’m willing to fuel my body however is the best way to do that. It just seems counterintuitive to increase my calories now that I’m down to my last 15 or so lbs!

Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/Books-And-Blankets
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HWjNdTA

No comments:

Post a Comment