Tuesday, May 28, 2024

What health problems did losing weight reverse for you?

Hi, first post here. I've (27f) struggled with my weight my whole life but I've managed to lose significant weight before. Had a surprise baby, and wa-lah, almost back to my highest weight lol. I had a doctor appointment a few days ago and, let's just say my blood work has given me the motivation to get my butt back in gear. So, I got high blood pressure after having my baby. I'm 15 months post partum and unfortunately am still on medication to manage it. I also recently found out my a1c is 5.7, so bordering pre-diabetic. In addiction to that, my cholesterol is somewhat high and my good cholesterol is super low.

I remember back when I thought getting healthy was as simple as CICO and I'd eat my calories in ramen and pizza. I lost 80lbs before eating like garbage and I liked that simplicity lol.

I guess my question is...should I try to follow a strict diet this time around or just do what I did before and just eat at my deficit and hope my medical ailments reverse with weight loss? Anyone else have experience here? I'm only 27 and I have a good 100lbs to lose.

Tldr; I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and pre-diabetes. Will my conditions improve just by weight loss? Or do I need to focus on WHAT I eat too?

submitted by /u/DuallyKitty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PmnDf68

No comments:

Post a Comment