Friday, May 10, 2024

I don't know who needs to hear this, but the best time to start is NOW, even if you start slowly.

I assume in this sub a lot of us probably struggle with motivation. With weight loss and getting healthy, if you've had whatever bad habits for a long time, it's mentally very exhausting trying to break out of them. I for example tend to eat poorly/too much to deal with certain emotions. I know I shouldn't, but I do. The issue is I'm really good at making a diet plan...then I barely stick to it, and I have my cute little excel sheet that I made with a start and finish date, and I keep immediately cheating, so I just repeatedly push the dates back. The old "my diet starts tomorrow".

I heard recently about something called "last supper syndrome", and that's essentially this. When you plan to diet/eat healthier in the future, if that's the near future, you'll use those few days before to really indulge. But what if you procrastinate and those few days turn into a few weeks? Then it's really easy to spiral and give up because your "last meal of freedom" has suddenly happened 30 times.

Recognize the cycle and stop it now. Even if a calorie deficit is intimidating, maybe try easing into it. If you've been gaining weight, maybe take a week to eat at your maintenance before going into a deficit.

Hope that helps!
- someone who's been pushing her diet back for almost a year and is tired of this

submitted by /u/PurpleDonut712
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CmYFguU

No comments:

Post a Comment