Wednesday, May 22, 2024

pros (and cons!) of being in a skinnier body

I (20F) have been losing weight for a year and a half and went from (5'8) 242lbs-165lbs. I am insanely proud of myself and all of you guys too. I have gone from Obese Class II to a healthy weight. Wow.

I have been discovering more about my body and my lifestyle. Things I'm now seeing for the first time in my life ever. I also want to hear your guys personal pros and cons. Mine are as follows:

Pros: - Can walk literally all day and no tiredness. I walk for fun because I just enjoy it now. Moving my body has been wonderful and I can do it in ways I never could before. - Since I hit BMI 26, I haven't gotten a single blister on my feet from walking. It makes sense because less strain on my feet and shoes, but I never expected it. - In that same vein, my shoes last longer without being worn down. - No more thigh chafing!!!!!! Even when I wear just a dress with nothing else. - My life is full of joy. It happened at the same time as the weight loss and I think partially because of it. - I crave going out more and I do so much more with my life. I also get drunk on less. - I crave fresh veggies more than I crave any other food. They make me feel great! - I see food as energy, and try to go on a walk shortly after I eat a big meal to explore how it feels to be properly energized by nutrition.

Cons: - My thigh gap is awesome. But, I try to lay stuff down on my lap as a force of habit and it falls through. I chipped my phone this way. - Sitting down HURTS. The floor, the seats at school, the bus, anything hard hurts me so badly. - My knees are bony and they now touch when I sleep on my side and that hurts. - I get cold easier, I get sick easier. I blame the calorie deficit for the latter. Does anyone else find they get sick more often in a calorie deficit? - I am finding my bones weird. Especially in my feet. Ew. - My shoe size and ring size have both shrunk. It is inconvenient lol. - My belly hurts for a day or two when I eat a big fast food meal now.

submitted by /u/sweetsugarbutterfly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/plXj65J

No comments:

Post a Comment