Sunday, May 12, 2024

Does anybody else get more stomach upset since weight loss?

So this week, I had a bad week of overeating. My coworkers from all across the country came to my city for a regional conference. So from Tuesday - Saturday, I was not eating well. I think it was due to a few factors. Like wanting to cut loose a bit, more eating out/drinking than normal, and just breaking from my routine. Anyway, I had been doing good with averaging about 1300-1500 calories a day. I normally do intermittent fasting (eat between noon-8 p.m.) My stats are 5’5, 170 lbs, 26F. I’m not sure exactly WHAT I ate/drank because there was a bunch of eating out/drinking. I would try to get back on track like doing intermittent fasting in the morning. Some days I started with a yogurt or protein shake. But then through the day/evening, it would get progressively worse. I’m not sure how much calories I overconsumed. From my estimates, it doesn’t seem to have been that much over. I was averaging about 2000 calories a day from food/alcohol. When I started this journey at 190 lbs, my maintenance calories were about 2200. So I don’t consider what I had to be severe binging.

Yet, Friday/Saturday, my stomach felt absolutely horrible. It’s bloated to an extra 5-7 pounds. It was actually hard to sleep. I think it was from alcohol but friday night all I drank was one mixed drink, one shot, one beer. Saturday was the same. I wasn’t even drunk. This is something that I have noticed since my weight loss. That overeating that wasn’t so abnormal before now causes me a lot of stomach upset. When I was heavier, I rarely had stomach/digestive issues. I’ve noticed this with my thin friend as well. Even one meal out can often give her an upset stomach. What is going on? Does this happen to anyone else? How do you reset to have your stomach feeling good again? I tried to reset friday and saturday but then I wound up waiting too long to eat. Then, I was hungry and overate. But, when your stomach is upset in the morning, it doesn’t want anything.

submitted by /u/Ma2340
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q9d7pu0

No comments:

Post a Comment