Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Lost 10% of my overall starting weight!

I posted here a few months ago about how I was daunted at the thought of being so consistent to lose weight… but —- I’m doing it!!!

I started at 110kg (~243lbs) in january and today I’m 98.8kg (~218lbs)! My eventual goal is 75kg (~165lbs).

I have been really sick recently and so haven’t been able to do any physical activity, so this has all been through calorie counting. I’m not totally consistent and regularly find ways to enjoy a pizza out with friends.

If I were to go back to myself at the start I would just say… so far it’s way easier than you think it’s going to be. You just have to be militant about tracking everything and staying in a boundary where you can still enjoy treats - I aim for around 1600-1800kcals and don’t mind how long it takes to get to my goal.

As time progresses, I know this will slow down dramatically. But I have an arsenal of weapons left to help add to the balance - namely exercise! I am looking forward to the raft of illnesses being over so I can begin accelerating weight loss in this way without compromising on eating less kcals :)

My top tips for anyone starting out: - track weight and inches to see progress and stay motivated - don’t sweat any fluctuations - water weight is a thing! - stay consistent through plateaus - give yourself treats within your allowance - one bad day doesn’t negate the rest of your progress - one step at a time - it doesn’t matter how long it takes as you’re making healthy choices! I personally aim for a lb a week of weight loss but I’m not mad if it’s less or nothing. - take progress pics - it’s amazing to see the difference even this early on in my journey

I’m really happy today. I wanted to share my joy!

submitted by /u/Upbeat-Bear1443
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/eoWVNGw

No comments:

Post a Comment