Thursday, May 16, 2024

Fighting and Weight Loss

Hi all -

I am a professional fighter, a woman 5'6" and fluctuate between 145 and 150. I know the scale isn't end all be all but for fighters, we need to make weight.

I would like to fight in the 135 weight class, which means I'd like to get to 140 or a little below. I've tried cutting for months. I track and weigh everything. I've gotten to 145, I'll stay there a day or two, then the next day I go up to 147 and just ... stay there. This has been going on since December, more or less.

These past few weeks I was steadily trending downwards and I was at 144. The next day, no deviation from the diet and eating about the same things as I had been eating for weeks, I went up to 147.5. It stayed there for 2 days, no deviation from the diet, and then yesterday went up to 149. Today back to 148.

I'm not on my period, hydrate and I train twice a day - pads and S and C in the morning, technique/pad/bag work and sparring at night. I run 3-4x/week on top of it. I use Carbon to track and I was eating about 1750 calories daily.

I don't understand what's happening. I don't get how the weight could just go up like that and stay up for days. Carbon is telling me to go to 1550 but I feel like that's too low for my activity level. Any advice or help would be so appreciated, I feel very frustrated.

submitted by /u/muaythaimushroom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZwLGETz

No comments:

Post a Comment