Monday, May 6, 2024

Fall in love with the process

A key realization I’ve had on this journey is that the best, most painless, and most fulfilling way to go about it is to learn how to enjoy the process. Life doesn’t pause until you lose the weight, and if you’re spending every day wishing to fast-forward to your goal weight, you’re gonna miss out on a lot and make your weight loss journey feel agonizingly slow.

From my experience, when you hate your body and are just counting down the weeks until you reach X goal or Y milestone, it’s like watching paint dry and just drags on and on.

Whereas, when you can manage to affirm yourself and treat your body with respect and kindness, the time seems to fly by. I’m not thrilled with how my body looks right now, but I still put on a nice outfit in the mornings and shut down any negative or self deprecating thoughts about my body. I still go on my run and do the best I can and just try to enjoy it, rather than waiting around to hit my goal weight.

Anyway, just a reminder to try to be present and enjoy where you’re at, don’t wait around to hit your goal weight or put your life on hold until you achieve your goal. Life happens in between goals you achieve, and it’s about finding happiness where you’re at while still taking steps toward your goal. This also helps prevent the logical fallacy of “I’ll be happy when ____”. Try to find happiness NOW, because the process will be much easier and you’ll look back and be glad you chose to enjoy the journey rather than treating your weight loss as a transition period. This IS your life, not some transitory period while you’re waiting for your life to start :)

submitted by /u/While_Then
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/IUSdX0h

No comments:

Post a Comment