Sunday, May 5, 2024

Hit another plateau. I've run out of will to keep going. Strategies to break through?

Hey y'all.

So I've just gotten down under 300 a couple months ago and I'm super happy with the progress. About 53-57 pounds down since my highest weight depending on when I measure. My motivation last winter was getting diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes as my A1C barely crossed the threshold. This was a big wake-up call for me. My dad has Type 2 and my dad's side is prone to it, so no surprises there. January 1st hit and I put my nose to the grindstone. Eat less, go for walks, be smart. I already track 100% of my calories and I have been for years now. it's an unbreakable habit for me now. So I melted off 20 pounds from January to the end of March...

Then I got my bloodwork back. A1C is now down all the way to the threshold of pre-diabetic and "remission." I'm basically there! I fucking did it! Since I got my bloodwork back, I did lose about 6 more pounds and now... Now what? I slayed the dragon. And part of my motivation to lose weight was to be attractive to women so I can start dating again since I moved across the country. With this weight loss also came a big shift of my mindset. I'm getting my finances under control, I bought a house, I'm charging into bettering my already strong career... And I no longer care about dating at all. With so many other things to focus on combined with the way things are nowadays with my generation's dating methods, I've completely given up deep in my soul that I will ever meet the right person and I have genuinely not considered dating for almost 3 months. I already have good friends that respect me and bosses that praise me for my work so it's not like losing weight will have a tremendous impact on my other interpersonal goals.

I do know that I still need to lose literally 100 more pounds to reach my ultimate goal of being 190lb at 6' tall. That number is fucking daunting, incredibly intimidating. I just have to do this incredibly difficult thing I already did, not once but TWO MORE FUCKING TIMES. And it was hard enough. Now I'm lighter and the caloric intake is gradually continuing to tighten I'm really really struggling to keep my eye on the prize. The task is getting tremendously harder and the perceived payoff is just as far away as it's always been and from my point of view, seems smaller as well.

What can I do? What did y'all do?

submitted by /u/toxic9813
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gXlonY0

No comments:

Post a Comment