Friday, May 31, 2024

Five Months into it and unsure where to end

Hey All, I'm a 36 year old male, who started at 210ish pounds at the beginning of the year to get to 167 just this week. I've been cutting calories using the Lose It! app, and trying to get 10,000 steps per day, drinking 3 bottles of water per day (after hardly ever getting any water ever), and that's basically all I've done. I've hit the gym a total of three times, but that's basically it as far as fitness goes.

At the beginning, my goal weight was 160, which I think I'll hit by the end of June or beginning of July. A total of 50 pounds seemed like a good goal. Now that I'm looking at BMI, I'm seeing the middle of the "normal" BMI would be around 22, which would be about 150 pounds. I'm okay with continuing (though I'm getting a bit burned out as of writing this and can't wait to not feel guilty about eating those "unhealthy" foods), but I don't know when to go to maintenance.

Also, as stated above, I haven't made going to the gym a priority, mainly because my goal is to lose weight, not gain muscle. And my workouts have been from walking/jogging. Also on that note, I started to do more running than walking, but I think I saw some slow down in my weight loss so I've been slowing down on running. I'd like to run and go to the gym, but that's not much in my personality like others, so I'd be doing the more "sweaty workouts" dragging my feet and kinda hating it at the same time.

Any advice one could give me? Specifically about goal adjustment and work outs? Thanks!

Edit: Also, does anyone have any issues with lightheadedness when they get up from a laying down? I'm also cold most of the time. Just seeing if I'm not the only one and if there are any remedies.

submitted by /u/jimmyrhall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jEReofh

No comments:

Post a Comment