Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Seriously, Has No One Noticed?

I (18f) reached my highest weight around last year on my 17th birthday, where I was over 190 pounds (exact number not known because I was too scared to weigh myself after reaching the 190s), now I'm around 147-148 pounds and I'm less than 10 pounds away from my goal. I remember when I started losing weight, I would hear the sentiment "After 4 weeks, you'll notice, after 8 weeks, your friends, after 12, the world!" and I was really looking forward to that sacred 12 week mark where people around me would start noticing that I was finally getting healthy and putting effort into myself.

To my shock, nobody said anything. I figured it was just because of the "paper towel effect" and that as I came closer to my goal weight, surely someone would notice and say something about my efforts? Well, no. Even after losing over 40 POUNDS, not one comment! I'm not trying to toot my own horn and saying I expect nothing but praise and compliments, but I feel like at this point it would be nice if just one close friend said "Hey, Difficult-Ad, you look healthy lately. Good on you!". I feel like my weight loss has reached a point of being noticeable, and yet it seems like every one is tiptoeing around the words "you've lost weight!".

It's either people trying to be polite or people have literally not noticed. The scale would say "Yeah, you've lost quite a bit of weight", but when I actually interact with friends and classmates, it's like it didn't even happen. It's kind of a bummer, honestly. Yes, I'm losing weight for my own sake, not for others. Would it be nice if someone said something and validated that my scale isn't just lying to me? Also Yes.

Anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/Difficult-Ad-6431
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GSTaLmB

No comments:

Post a Comment