Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Does anyone gaslight themselves into thinking they haven’t made much progress + mentally prepare for seeing someone who last saw you before weight loss?

I’m about to meet some people I have not seen since I’ve started actively putting effort into losing weight. I find myself wanting to see myself from their POV, which I know sounds so weird.

I will go back to pictures of when we were last together and try to convince myself I haven’t lost that much weight.

I know weight is a sensitive topic and I don’t particularly enjoy the idea of commenting on people’s bodies, but sometimes I feel a bit of achievement from and desire to receive unprompted comments about my weight loss to confirm I did something right.

Even with clothes, I’ll start to notice something I bought 3 months ago is falling off my waist and convince myself it has always fit that way even though I know it isn’t true.

It’s so odd. Anyone else do this? Lol

submitted by /u/Proper-Blackberry706
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JpDabKL

No comments:

Post a Comment