Friday, May 24, 2024

How to loose weight when parents are constantly pressuring me to eat?

I (19F) am currently back home with my parents, (50F) (60M). I've returned from university where I gained some weight due to marathon training and overcompensating for calories burned. I used to weigh at around 52kg and am now 60kg, I’m around 155cm tall.

During my last month at university, I lost 1 kg quite easily by sticking to a deficit and fasting routine. I was able to manage my meals and schedule independently, without family meals interfering.

However, since coming home for the holidays, my weight loss has stalled. My parents prioritize having three full meals a day, and it's challenging to maintain my deficit with their meals. While I can handle breakfast on my own, lunch and dinner are more difficult. My parents often pester me to eat more, and they use a lot of fatty oils and sauces in their cooking, which adds many calories to the meals.

I have a history of eating disorders and am a recovering bulimic. The weight loss at university went smoothly and didn't trigger me, but being home has been a struggle. The pressure to eat more and the calorie-dense meals have led me to resort to purging to meet my calorie goals.

I don't want to continue this cycle and am unsure where to turn. Any advice?

submitted by /u/BriefReport5580
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cy0qSv7

No comments:

Post a Comment