Monday, May 27, 2024

How do I convince myself I’m not plus size anymore - it’s affecting my dating life.

I need some perspective on my weight loss. 40F, 150cms height. I have always been overweight /chubby all my life.

The only time I was skinny or rather normal weight (52kgs) was in my early 20s when I had what was basically an ED ( I didn’t realise it back then, had health repercussions and had to go back to normal eating habits and then gained weight back)

I have frequently lost weight whenever I start monitoring diet and workouts . In my early 30s, the lowest I went was 65kgs.

After that, I went up to 100kgs and UK size 20 at start of 2023 though I was walking 10kms every day.

By Feb 2023, I started lifting and monitoring my CICO, and I’m now down to 75kgs and a UK size 12.

A UK size 12 should be considered healthy?

However in my head, I still classify myself as plus sized. And consider myself fat. I have recently started dating and since I’m a fat girl in my head, working out and calorie counting is a big part of my life and now this is my lifestyle , so I like to inform the person I would be dating that this is how I’m.

This then steers the conversation to my weight and I end up mentioning that I have lost 25 kgs and plan to loose more. I have dated gym goers and non gym goers and what I see is men don’t appreciate the weight loss done so far but will use this information to remind me or bring it up in future conversation that I need to get more fit. I don’t make such remarks for anyone around me mainly coz I have been body shamed all my life and also I feel it has to come from within for a person to get serious about fitness.

So 2 questions:

  1. ⁠How do I convince myself that I’m no more plus size? If im fitting into uk size 12 comfortably, I am not plus sized. My brain is not convinced at all and I call myself fat all the time.
  2. ⁠Is it wise to bring up my weight loss , my fitness journey with people i meet through dating? I end up talking about it coz fitness and diet is an important part of my life and anyone i date should know this. But This steers the conversation around my weight loss and men somehow get fixated on this.
submitted by /u/Future-Ad2341
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uVCw2yq

No comments:

Post a Comment