Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Lost the first 10 lbs and I'm proud!

I still have a long way to go, of course. I started at 5'2" and 141 lbs. I hit 131 this morning though, and I'm super proud of myself for sticking with my diet because in the past I have always given up within a few days/weeks. My next goal is to hit 120 lbs, and then to get down to 105-110 lbs. My lowest I've ever been is 108 lbs, and I was pretty comfortable there so that's my ideal for now.

I try to eat around 1200 calories a day. I'm kind of short and my TDEE isn't the biggest, unfortunately. I also don't personally get much exercise (I have agoraphobia and share a small apartment with two other people) but I'm working on incorporating some at-home exercises into my routine. The weight loss is slow but steady.

I also have to give credit to my Vyvanse prescription for giving me a head start - I take it for ADHD and binge eating. It's also an appetite suppressant. I know not everyone can be on this medication, but for me it has been a godsend. My binging has stopped completely and I'm no longer hungry all the time. My doctor is aware of my weight loss and we both think this med is a great fit for me.

That's not to say the medication is a cure all. I still have been making conscious efforts to choose healthier, more filling food options and drinking plenty of water. I've been really liking protein bars, eggs, vegetables, and greek yogurt.

I also find that eating around the same times every day helps, my body's hunger cues seem to get used the routine and I'm not lefting craving snacks in-between. I also let myself indulge on occasion as long as it fits into my daily calories. I think I'd get pretty depressed if I could never have a treat again!

Anyways, I just wanted to share my progress and hopefully encourage others who are struggling to get that first 10 lbs down. I did have a plateau for a while and I know how frustrating that can be, but it's so worth it to ride it out. I hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/alyssaryn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pWhXcyr

No comments:

Post a Comment