Friday, May 3, 2024

Weight loss and night shift

Hello! Night shift nurse here looking to see if anyone else is on a weight loss journey. I recently was started on phenermine 37.5 mg and am hoping for the jump start I need. I am taking it at 3PM which is when I usually get up after working all night.

Anyone have any experience with this? Or managing weight while working nights?

37F 194lbs 5'5

Some background, I was 160lbs when I got divorced three years ago. So I have steadily increasing my weight since then. I'm sure depression, anxiety, unhealthy coping mechanisms, etc etc have all contributed to this.

The good news is that I met someone amazing! But we do a lot of bonding and shared time over food. We love our pasta and pizza and burgers and tacos! And the general excuse of "we are busy today, wanna order out?". He is 100% on board with my goals though so we are working on our diet together.

I have been a night shift nurse for 10 years. So this isn't a new sleep pattern for me. Just that 3AM snacking is so hard to avoid.

Looking for any type of input! Thanks :)

submitted by /u/Imaginary-Place7108
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YGn0k4u

No comments:

Post a Comment