Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Saw a fat acceptance tik tok and it made me feel sad :(

It basically said most people who lose weight (almost everyone statistically) will regain all of it a few years later. It implied there’s no point trying because you won’t succeed and it’s basically more trouble than it’s worth.

Of course I don’t agree at all even if it’s a life long struggle I want to be healthy and it’s worth trying to be one of the 10% of people who succeed.

But now I’m just sad and worried I won’t be one of those people. Statistically it’s likely I won’t. And I’m a super weak person with severe mental health problems prone to addiction to absolutely everything. I’m scared I will regain the weight, and I’m just kidding myself and I will die from cardio disease no matter how hard I try because I’ll never stay healthy.

Is maintenance really that hard? I took a 7 month break from weight loss, gained and lost 4kg in that time without trying, so basically maintained 20kg of weight loss and it wasn’t hard at all I even had loads of junk food, just less than I used to. But how do you deal with the statistics about how most people fail to sustain weight loss? It’s just scary and not nice to hear about.

submitted by /u/mars_was_blue_too
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/M158sYK

No comments:

Post a Comment