Tuesday, May 14, 2024

The Dreaded Scale

In 2022, I knew I had gained weight. I just kept making excuses to myself about photos being the wrong angle, I wore the wrong outfit. I kept buying bigger stretchy clothes telling myself that my problem was just my clothes. I’m not obese. I’m not overweight. No, no, it’s not true. Well, I was just exhausted so I looked up a weight loss clinic that gave B12 shots. Yes, that was my problem. I’m not overweight. I just need B12. Afterall, my mom told me that she has to take them so that must be my problem. Never mind I can barely get up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. I’m just low on B12. I went in to talk to the nurse at the clinic and she suggested a medication along with the B12. I thought, well I will try it but I’m not overweight. She put me on the scale and I told her I didn’t want to know. She didn’t reveal it to me, gave me my shots and off I went. The next week, I had lost 6 pounds but I didn’t need to know my weight. I’m not overweight. I know it. After a few weeks of consistently marching myself in there to get my shots, I forgot to tell the nurse that I didn’t need to know my weight but wow, I had lost 13 pounds. As she is logging my weight, she says it out loud. I absolutely burst into tears. I was horrified. It was at that moment of tears, I faced my weight. I got in my car, immediately ordered a scale with a free weight loss tracking app and boom! I was on my way to over a 60 pound weight loss journey. I’m grateful for that day. The day I faced the truth. The day that made me cry. Here’s to you if you are struggling, don’t give up. Keep going. My best day was when I faced it.

submitted by /u/MoneyMagnetQueenB
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tXYaHwk

No comments:

Post a Comment