Monday, February 3, 2020

Pear-shaped weight loss for females

Stats: I'm 5'5", 152 lbs, and about 28% body fat. While my torso half is okay, I store most of my weight in my thighs (and when I'm intaking a lot of sodium and sugar it appears in my belly). Like I have 24" thighs and wear a 6/8 (depending on brand), and I want to drop to a size 4 and closer to 20% body fat. Such a pear shape, *sigh*.

Currently I'm attending barre classes once a day for 5-6 times a week. I try to walk 3-5 miles per day in addition. I'm worried I'm not doing enough cardio in order to burn the initial fat off before I see the muscle I'm gaining from barre. I don't want to stop barre completely because it's an exercise I enjoy and it's as mentally challenging and engaging for me too. What can I do aside from walking for cardio to see quicker results? (To be clear, in about 1.5-2 weeks I've lost 5 lbs initially and about 0.25" inch off thighs, belly, etc. so barre is helping.)

My diet is ok. That is one thing I am trying to clean up. I mostly try to stick to about 1400 calories, usually eat salads with chicken for meals and protein bars/shakes as snacks. I try to limit sodium and sugar intake. I don't pay much attention to carbohydrates or fat--should I be?

submitted by /u/ATL_GoWithMiles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RV0nhG

No comments:

Post a Comment