Tuesday, August 4, 2020

I have been maintaining for over a year now and I’m now ready to take it to the next level.

A little over a year ago, I hit my goal and lost 100 lbs. but never reached my final goal. During this last year I’ve maintained that weight loss a (which is a huge accomplishment in itself and I realize that) but lately I’ve begun to be self conscious about why I can’t overcome this hurdle. Recently, I started reading “Atomic Habits” by James Clear and I’ve come to realize that the habits that got me to this point are not the habits that are going to take me to the next level. While reading, this quote came up that gave me a little kick in the pants:

“We often expect progress to be linear. At the very least, we hope it will come quickly. In reality, the results of our efforts are often delayed. It is not until months or years later that we realize the true value of the previous work we have done. This can result in a “valley of disappointment” where people feel discouraged after putting in weeks or months of hard work without experiencing any results. However, this work was not wasted. It was simply being stored. It is not until much later that the full value of previous efforts is revealed.”

Hopefully this can give some of you the motivation this subreddit has given me over the past few years.

submitted by /u/lukhoffm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31hPGZX

No comments:

Post a Comment