Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Just had some photos of myself taken and I've definitely put on weight. I'm crushed.

Like many of us, the quarantine lifestyle changeup has not been good for my waistline. I'm up about 20 lbs of body fat from my lightest (140 to 160 at 5'1") and man, I'm thick in the middle. My weight loss journey started two years ago at a little over 200 lbs. I'd like to say hard work and discipline made the difference, but honestly I went through a few months of extreme stress and lost my appetite for a while. That combined with a newfound love for the gym made me drop 60-ish pounds in 6 months. Over time the weight began creeping back up, but thanks to an intense gym regiment I still stayed relatively small. Along comes quarantine and and I can't access the gym anymore. Now I'm 20 lbs heavier and up four pants sizes. I just got some pictures of myself back from a photoshoot and there's no denying that I'm fatter. To complicate things, I have a metabolic disorder (as diagnosed by an endocrinologist). Weight loss is still possible, it's just very slow compared to other people my age and gender. It was so much damn work to drop those 60lbs, and in just a few months I've regained almost half of it. I can still exercise from home (doing it 5 days a week currently) but it's not as effective as lifting weights. At this point I know well enough how to manage my macros and count calories but... Damn, I can't even look at the photos. This sucks. Time to start over :(

submitted by /u/buutbuutbuut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33jqB3s

No comments:

Post a Comment