Sunday, August 16, 2020

Looking for advice on understanding what a healthy pace for losing weight is.

Hi all.

So to preface this, my weight loss “journey” isn’t exactly as extreme or as exciting as many I’ve read in this subreddit. I’m an athletic looking guy who recently discovered that he’s a big heavier than he’d like to be, so I set out on trying to really actively lose weight.

As for the specifics, on July 30th I weighed 192.6 lbs as a 5’11, 22 year old male. As of yesterday, I weigh 186.7 pounds, marking pretty much a 3lb/week weight loss.

So, I’m feeling great and healthy and am admittedly very happy with my weight loss, but am looking for some advice on what a healthy amount of weight lost per week is. Is 3lb/week too extreme for someone who’s only trying to lose like 15 pounds, or is that in a safe zone for me?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, and I greatly look forward to reading more of this sub and supporting y’all are your journeys as well.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/biasedphillyperson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iKeh0y

No comments:

Post a Comment