Sunday, October 18, 2020

Day 1 - is it possible to lose weight after battling an eating disorder?

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this subreddit for a while. I finally got up the courage to join and make my first post. I take seriously the spirit of this community: that everyone is welcome, no matter their size, as long as they discuss healthy and sustainable methods of weight loss.

My story is full of weight loss (and gain), none of it healthy or sustainable. For nearly 15 years, I vacillated back and forth between anorexia nervosa and binge eating disorder (BED). Both manifestations of my eating disorder stem from an unhealthy obsession with food. I "control" that obsession when I refuse to eat, and I "give in" to that obsession when I binge eat. This pattern means I'm either: 10-30 lbs underweight or slightly plump (but within the normal BMI range for my height). I can never seem to balance things just right or maintain a healthy, trim physique.

2020 saw this pattern intensify - I gained 30 pounds. Now, before the year is over, I want to put this part of my life behind me. I think a good path would be losing 10 pounds - slowly, methodically, and most importantly - in a healthy manner.

Does anyone have any tips for how to start under conditions like these? I want to clean up my diet and ramp up my exercise routine, but I'm a bit worried that any plan I embark upon will turn out badly. I want to have a child in the next few years; another round of anorexia could ruin my fertility for good.

submitted by /u/lightgreen22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dBn0Rv

No comments:

Post a Comment