Sunday, October 18, 2020

I need to stop consuming "weight loss" content.

I think one of the things I need to "cut out" is weight loss content. I have been watching "How I Lost 20 lbs" videos since I was 13 years old. I'm 24. I have heard every piece of advice under the sun. At this point, I know the ins and outs of how-to-lose-weight like the back of my hand.

Yet, at the same time, I only started counting calories one month ago. I am completely on my own journey and I know exactly what I need to be doing to lose the weight. I want to lose 45 lbs, which means that I need to eat in a deficit but not so much of a deficit that it hurts my metabolism, I need movement, I need to consciously build muscle, I need to drink water, I need to get enough sleep. I am transitioning to eating vegan now. And that's IT!! I know how to do all that! Now it's the implementation.

I am just realizing how fully saturated my consumption is on weight loss. It's the Instagram pages I follow and the YouTubers I watch. I watch the science-y videos and barely pay attention until it gets to "this is how to lose weight fast or sustainably" or whatever.

I just got a MUBI subscription and my Netflix List is enormous. I moved last month and I'm living next to a beautiful national park that I haven't explored at all. 4-5 days of the week I barely get 4000 steps in. I have two giant stacks of books to read. I have this WHOLE life to live, and yes, I am losing weight too. I know how to do that, and I'm going to focus on it, by cutting out all the other noise. And besides that, living my life.

I will leave this sub for now. I have a small cache of motivational videos (like this one) to watch when I need to be inspired to keep going. But I am gonna take a break from the reddit community to live a little, and hopefully be able to return in a few months with some joyous news that I am happier in my body. I am writing this to say thank you for getting me started on this, it's taken me nearly a decade to start doing what is good for my body. And also, I'm writing this in case anyone else needs to do this too - unsaturate yourself from the chatter, and focus on what you know. Trust the process.

So long, and thanks for all the fish. x

submitted by /u/yacantprayawaythegay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3o1eUWZ

No comments:

Post a Comment