Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Hit my first milestone...and eh?

I have lost 35lbs as of this morning, going from 285-250 since the beginning of May. So....about five months. I set 250 as my first goal because it seemed doable and it is kind of the weight that I haven't gotten under in the last three years. But I hit it today and I feel nothing. My clothes seem to fit the same, I can't tell a difference in my progress pics, I don't feel any more or less energy, I'm not any more or less fit, I just feel exactly the same as five months ago.

Guess I just thought I'd be more stoked, but all it makes me realize is that I have sooooo much longer to go. My goal weight is 160 (I'm 5'10F) so I have 90lbs to lose which is like 2 and a half times more what I just did. I'm not miserable or deprived or anything like that, I just wish I had not let myself get so bad in the first place. This has been the most sustainable and easy weight loss but I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it is going to take a long time and that my normal eating will take just as long to get used to my thin self's calories.

It's humbling and freeing to realize that I'm doing average. Not bad, not great but I am making progress and learning about myself and my habits. I'm feeling like it's getting to be time to incorporate exercise into my routine as calorie counting is now pretty much a habit, I have a 156 day streak and it feels natural.

So here's to five months down and 15 or more to go 😅

submitted by /u/aridyin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36IlRWW

No comments:

Post a Comment