Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I've lost 4lbs in one month.

Last month I downloaded a weight loss tracker on my phone. I'm too lazy to count calories, I've tried it in the past and it hasn't gone very well. With the app I have now, I just practice intuitive eating and weigh myself every morning. My weight has been fluctuating up and down and I've been getting discouraged every time it goes back up. I've gotten down to 8 lbs lost then have gone back up to no weight lost, only for my weight to settle on 4lbs lost. I know it seems crazy to obsess about the number on the scale but it's always been hard for me not to, and I've found that weighing myself and accepting the weight that is there has helped me face the reality of my eating habits and helps me know if I should make adjustments.

Anyway with that being said, weight lost is still weight lost. Don't be discouraged if you were lighter yesterday and can't figure out why you're weight has gone back up a little. This is just a step on the road to a better you. Maybe ask yourself if you are still eating better then you did at the start of your journey, or if you are feeling better and more energized. Or, even though you thought you would lose 8lbs, you lose 4lbs. I guess what I'm trying to say with my rambling is don't undercut your actual progress with disappointment that it wasn't as much progress as you wanted. Every lb lost is a little victory that is worth being happy over, if you don't have appreciation for the little things then you'll never be happy, and if you do have appreciation for every small accomplishment then your weight loss journey will become a joy to your life.

submitted by /u/Kjump95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jFiy6f

No comments:

Post a Comment