Wednesday, October 7, 2020

My 3-Months So Far!!

I am honestly speechless this morning. I started a weight loss plan with my city’s hospital weight management department on July 7 and today, exactly 3 months later, I did my weekly weigh-in and found that I’ve lost over 30 pounds. I (26F) have been overweight my entire life but in the past ten years it’s gotten excessive with the stress of college and grad school. Finally settled in my first real job, I knew it was the time to really hunker down and get healthy. I wanted a medically-supervised weight-loss program, as I felt like anything I had tried on my own hadn’t worked or I had hit a plateau too quickly. I also have always had Hypothyroidism that was further diagnosed as Hashimoto’s almost two years ago (basically mean my metabolism stinks, and it’s easy to gain weight but hard to lose it).

My highest weigh-in at the first appointment in July was 286.7. I’ve followed a low cal (max of 1500 per day), low carb (max of 100), and high protein (min of 90) consistently since this appointment, with a few days of going over a minimal amount here and there. I track everything I eat and drink via the app Lose It! with my totals set.

This morning I weighed in at 254.6. I have lost over 10% of my starting body weight, and I’m under the weight I was pre-grad school (3 years ago). I am absolutely astounded—this is the best I’ve ever done weight-loss wise. Not only do I look better, but I even feel better. It’s not as hard to breathe when I’m exercising, I have more energy, and I get sick way less than I used to.

I literally cried this morning when I weighed myself. I’m so happy and I feel so much better. If you need a sign to get started or restart back up or even keep going, take this as one. Do whatever works for you, but know that these changes will be lifelong to keep the weight loss lasting. I still have a long way to go until my goal weight of 175, but I’m so excited that I’m closer to getting there and seeing results and changes along the way.

Have a great day, everyone, and good luck on your journeys!!

submitted by /u/swishfish22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33EJxcF

No comments:

Post a Comment