Saturday, October 10, 2020

I suddenly feel unfamiliar with myself and it isn't a great feeling. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've lost 64 pounds since December 2019 and dropped from 210 to 146 lbs as a 5'8" woman. To this point, I've been able to cycle through some old clothes at smaller sizes, but today I got some new pants in the mail since even the smallest ones I had at home were literally falling off my body. At my heaviest, I wore a size 16. The smallest I had at home were 12s. Today I tried on 10s and they were still too big!

Now I know most of the time, things being too big is not a real complaint, it's practically the goal of weight loss. Problem is, it suddenly made me feel like a stranger in my body. At my heaviest, I assumed that a size 10 would be the lowest I could ever hope for in jeans due to a pretty emphasized hourglass figure. I mean my hip bones are wide as hell and those don't get smaller from weight loss. I would never have thought I could need an 8 in pants and I'm not even done losing weight yet. Its like I held this assumption about myself and what my body was like for years and suddenly it's gone. It's disconcerting to feel unfamiliar with your body and to just have such a weird sense of what your size is. It's hard for me to put into words and I'm not even completely able to identify the feeling, but yeah, has anyone else had almost like an out of body sudden experience of unfamiliarity?

submitted by /u/damiroor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34JvQZf

No comments:

Post a Comment