Saturday, October 10, 2020

I’ve done it before, I can (hopefully) do it again.

Hello there! I am re-starting my weight loss journey after years of ups and downs and I’m looking for a community where we can support each other.

My story: I have been seriously overweight (I hate using the other O word but it would apply in this situation) my whole life. When I turned 30 several years ago, I split my size 26 jeans, which is the largest size you could get in a plus size store. That got my butt into gear and I lost about 75 of the 150 lbs I needed to lose at the time.

Then, I fell off the wagon spectacularly. It turned out I still fell on bad habits when life is particularly stressful. By this time last year,I had gained back all the weight I lost and was trying hard to find the motivation I once had.

Then, BOOM. Quarantine happened. I live by myself and it has not been easy. I am incredibly lonely and depression is hitting me harder than it ever had before. Food is once again my main source of comfort, and combined with a waaaay more sedentary lifestyle than I’ve ever had before, I am now 50 lbs HIGHER than my original highest weight. I haven’t put on a pair of jeans in months. I know they won’t fit.

I can’t begin to express the despair I am feeling. I now have 200 lbs to lose. I know once I start losing weight I will feel better. I remember feeling amazing when I lost the weight before. But for every one good habit I form, two new bad habits come along. I am desperate for the motivation to get started. I’m hoping that this is the community that is right for me.

submitted by /u/NightReader5
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SG8caz

No comments:

Post a Comment